Juicing is a great way to help with a complete body cleanse. Fresh Juices supply us with an abundance of vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals, antioxidants and enzymes in a way that is easily and quickly absorbed. This provides tremendous support to our major detoxification organs – the liver, kidneys and colon. Before starting any kind of detox method we must ensure that the colon is functioning properly. Many of the toxins that are released during whole body cleansing are transported from the liver to the colon to be eliminated. If we are not having a bowel movement at least once a day we will reabsorb a lot of the toxins back into the bloodstream. Some health experts even believe that we should have one bowel movement for every meal we eat. If we eat three meals a day, we should poop three times a day.
1) The most important thing we can do for the colon is to eat plenty of fiber daily. We should cut out refined grains and swap them for whole grains, eat at least 5 portions of fruit and vegetables a day, include nuts, seeds and legumes in our diet. This will help bulk up the feces and move it through. Taking psyllium husks is also highly recommended to help with elimination.
2) Drink at least 8 glasses of water each day, the colon will slow down if we get dehydrated.
3) Seriously cut back on sugar. I recommend only [ad#Probiotic]eating sugar which comes naturally in fruits and vegetables. White sugar, brown sugar, high fructose corn syrup, and other forms of added sugar feed undesirable intestinal bacteria, such as candida. This can play havoc with digesting and eliminating food, causing problems like IBS, constipation, diarrhea, allergies, infections and an under functioning immune system. Taking a high quality probiotic supplement is recommended, and can go a long way to improve intestinal flora and digestive health.
4) Clearing out old fecal matter is another important step in colon health. Unless we have been eating a pure diet all our lives or have already undertaken some strong colon cleansing methods, we will almost certainly have old feces hanging out in the colon. Yes, this is true, as unpleasant and unhealthy as it sounds! However, there are herbs we can take that help to shift this old fecal matter, improve peristalsis and help re-lubricate the colon wall. Look for herbal supplements that contain any or all of these herbs – Ginger Root, Fennel, Termianlia Cherbula, Cape Aloe, Senna, Barberry Rootbark, and Barberry Rootbark. A good quality Aloe Vera gel or juice is also beneficial for shifting old fecal matter.
5) Exercising is one of the best gifts you give to your colon health. Thirty minutes of cardiovascular exercise at least three time a week really helps keep the bowel moving. Yoga and Tai Chi are also great and help with digestion. To read more about nutrition for exercise visit muscle recovery
Juices for Colon Health:
Some fresh juices help to bulk up the feces and also help provide beneficial vitamins and oils that can help improve the quality of the mucous lining of the colon wall. Here are some juicer recipes tailored for the colon.
Total Body Cleanse Juice #1 – Carrot Juice
5 large carrots
Carrots are beneficial for helping regenerate the mucous membranes of the colon wall. This is due to their generous supply of vitamin A, which is needed for the health of all mucous membranes in the body. Carrot juice is also great for bulking up the feces.
Total Body Cleanse Juice #2 – Apple and Pear
No need to peel the apples and pears, this will add some fiber to the juice. Apple and pear juices are great for helping the bowels move, so this is also a great constipation remedy.
Total Body Cleanse Juice #3 – Lemon Juice
water to dilute
Only juice the flesh of the lemons. Add water to your taste. This is a great juice to take on an empty stomach before breakfast. It has a great flushing effect, and is actually very beneficial for the kidneys and liver. If you warm it up a little it can help move the bowels even more, but don’t overdo the heat. The hotter the juice, the more the nutrients are destroyed.
Total Body Cleanse Juice #4 – ACL Colon cleanse
This juice is great for your colon and will really help jump start a colon cleanse.
Inside Poop: America’s leading colon therapist defies conventional medical wisdom about your health and well-being
The Inside Poop is one of the best books available on the topic of colon health. Scott Webb, America’s leading colon therapist defies conventional medical wisdom about your health and well-being. “This book kept me reading all night. I couldn’t put it down!” — Brad DeMeulenaere
Darren and Veronica Haynes