In our diet fruit is one of the most important sources of minerals and vitamins. Unfortunately, in the western diet this is often overlooked and we continue to consume vast quantities of protein and, especially, starchy foods. The result of this is an increasing incidences of diseases, such as diabetes, and obesity. Many people know that fruit and fruit juices can improve health after watching all those television adverts for the Jack Lalanne Power Juicer but do not know how fruit actually benefits health.
These benefits are:
1. It is a very easy food to prepare that simply requires washing and eating. There is no cooking involved and, therefore, can save on other chores like washing pots and pans.
2. Fruit tastes very good. This is important, especially for children, along with the fact that they are also brightly colored which makes them even more appetizing. Many people would actually consider fruit as a desert or treat.
3. Fruit needs less energy to digest and absorb in the gastrointestinal tract. As a result of this, many people report feeling more energized and have a requirement for less sleep.
4. It is often very difficult to put on fat whilst on a fruit diet. The result of this is that the body’s fat level will often fall leaving a sensation of being lean and healthy.
5. Fruit has a high fiber content. Due to this high fiber content of fruit it can help with the smooth movement of food through the bowel and help in preventing conditions like constipation. With constipation some of this toxic waste remains sitting within the bowel some of which can get absorbed into the system. These toxins may lead to illness, disease and the sensation of feeling unwell. Eating a fruit diet can prevent this from occurring.
6. The are very little waste products left behind in the bowel after digesting fruit. This can lower the wear and tear on the various organs in the body and therefore reduce the rate of aging.
7. Your body will regularly cleanse and detoxify itself on a diet of mainly fruit. Over many years, the waste products from the digestion of starches, dairy products and proteins will slowly accumulate over a number years. Even consuming fruit for only a few days can help detoxify the body and get rid of these bad waste products. This can further lead to the sensation of well being and a reduction in the damage on the body.
Therefore, if you are wanting to become fit and healthy or are experiencing ill health then increasing the amount of fruit you consume is a good way to reach your goal.